If you’ve ever spent an hour watching TV, you have undoubtedly noticed that everyone has flashy pearly white teeth. Bright white teeth are considered the ideal and admittedly they enhance a smile. For the rest of us that aren’t on TV, having bright teeth is difficult to maintain.
For this reason, teeth whitening have become one of the most sought after cosmetic dental procedures today. The number of teeth whitening products and services that are available on the marketplace is staggering. However, if you want a quick and effective teeth whitening system, all that you really need is the Zoom teeth whitening system.
One of the most popular teeth whitening systems employed by cosmetic dentists, Zoom teeth whitening results in teeth being six to ten shades lighter. Best of all, the Zoom teeth whitening system can be performed in one hour. Available as an in-office teeth whitening procedure or an at-home teeth whitening product, the Zoom teeth whitening system has enhanced the quality of life for thousands of its users.
The Zoom teeth whitening procedure follows these steps:
- A dentist checks their patient’s teeth and gums. This is because the dentist must first decide whether or not the patient’s gums are healthy enough to handle teeth bleaching.
- If the patient is able to proceed with the Zoom teeth whitening procedure, the dentist will then embark on a short preparation to isolate the patient’s lips and gums.
- From there, the dentist will then apply the Zoom whitening gel, which contains specifically formulated, pH balanced hydrogen peroxide, on the patient’s teeth.
- To activate the Zoom whitening gel, the dentist applies a specially designed, low-heat light that penetrates the patient’s teeth. The effect of this process is that the hydrogen peroxide contained in the Zoom whitening gel attaches itself to stained molecules on the teeth, weakening them. This allows oxygen to enter the patient’s tooth enamel and whitens them.
- The dentist then repeats this twenty-minute gel application two more times for the Zoom teeth whitening system to reach its full effect.
- To end the Zoom teeth whitening procedure, the patient undergoes a five-minute fluoride treatment.
- Additionally, the Zoom teeth whitening system is available for home use. Known as the Zoom Take-Home Whitening System, it works under the same principles as the Zoom teeth whitening system except it works over the course of three nights.